Clients who are injured in accidents are often unsure of how to proceed with their claims. Once a claim is filed, there is still, for instance, the matter of paying medical costs until such time as a settlement is reached. A Chester personal injury lawyer will provide you with an explanation as to how your medical bills will be paid.
Your Chester Personal Injury Lawyer on Ways Bill Are Paid
Your Chester personal injury attorney has handled enough cases that he is very familiar with different scenarios for paying medical bills. It is important from the outset, however, that a person not be overly anxious about such matters, for they will be worked out. Your Chester personal injury lawyer may suggest that you seek one of the following for paying bills in the interim before settlement:
1) Health insurance through your employer. Often clients have medical coverage through their employers which can pay for injuries. Once a claim is settled, the insurer would be compensated.
2) Personal health insurance that you purchased.
3) Health insurance acquired through your spouse or from parental coverage if you are under a certain age.
4) Payments from your car insurance company if you were injured in a car accident.
5) Your own personal savings. While this may not seem the most personally advantageous way to cover medical costs initially, you can save your credit by using savings.
6) Your insurance for workers’ compensation if you were injured while working.
7) Liability from the insurance of people who are deemed responsible for your injuries.
If you do not have any of the above options, your lawyer will save the bills so they can be paid when you receive your settlement or award.
Speak to an Experienced Attorney
If you have questions regarding the payment of your medical bills, a Chester personal injury lawyer can help. Call Michael Meth at 845-469-9529 today to discuss your case.