Chester Motorcycle Accident Attorney Explains: What To Do After an Accident
An accident involving a motorcycle can be especially devastating as riders are much more exposed to injuries than the typical motorist. If you are an avid rider, you should educate yourself on the best steps to take should you ever find yourself the victim of a tragic motorcycle accident. The most important thing to do is to contact a Chester motorcycle accident attorney, Michael Meth, who will ensure you get just compensation for your injuries. The following details a few of the most important things to remember in the immediate aftermath of a motorcycle accident:
1. Seek medical attention above all else. As mentioned above, motorcyclists are particularly vulnerable to injury being that they are unprotected atop the bike. If you are severely injured, temporarily forgo the rest of these suggestions and seek medical attention immediately.
2. Remain on the scene of the accident and cooperate with law enforcement. Leaving the scene of an accident, even if you believe it to be minor, could result in criminal charges. As well, never admit fault to a law enforcement officer as you could have difficulty overcoming these assertions in a subsequent civil action. Never admit fault to the other driver either.
3. Exchange personal information including insurance information, address, phone number and email address with the other drivers involved. Make a note of the other drivers’ license plate numbers, make and model of their vehicles and the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) if possible.
4. Take pictures of the surrounding scene including the collision, road conditions, construction, weather, obstructions, etc. Note the time of day and weather conditions at the time of incident.
5. Retain all records relevant to the accident including medical bills, paystubs detailing missed time at work and any other document you believe could possibly relate to your case.
6. Hire a Chester motorcycle accident attorney to help you recover lost wages, medical bills and other due compensation.
If you are searching for legal assistance after a motorcycle accident, contact a motorcycle accident attorney Michael Meth. Attorney Michael Meth offers free consultations. Call (845)469-9529 today.